Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Christmas Card Books- 3 down, ? more to go

Hi Scrappy Chicks
I wanted to share something that I worked on/figured out/started over the retreat weekend. Christmas card books! Yippee!

I have been wanting to do mini books of the wonderful photo cards, special letters and handmade cards that we receive every year for Christmas. It has been on my long term project list for like 5 years.

So last weekend I packed up about 10 years worth of cards-because I am really good at saving them- and my Cinch, some other misc Christmas supplies.

I decided on an 8x8 format. This works great for the larger photo cards that people are sending now.
I made a pocket page for special handmade cards and letters.
I used washi tape to make binding tabs for other handmade cards and folded cards that I didn't want to punch holes in.

 
I just punched and bound all of the pieces in a totally random fashion. I like the look of different sized cards all together. I can't wait to finish the rest of the years now.
 It is so rare that I actually FINISH something on a retreat. I am very pleased with this project.
-Kerry




No comments:

Post a Comment