Monday, December 13, 2010

10 Days of Photo Ornaments- Day 4

Today's Photo Ornament is actually a garland of photos- great to hang on your tree, a wreath or a swag of greenery. I got this idea from a project Jessica Sprague taught at Creative Escape.

The photos are a collection of pictures of my niece Parker from her 2nd Christmas last year. So cute.

So, I figured out after it was all done that if I was going to hang this on my Christmas tree, I should have put photos on each side of the pieces. That is not in my video instructions, I changed it after I was almost finished. You need to adhere the photos upside down on the backside of the shapes, so that if the garland spins on your tree the pictures will be upright. Ahh trial and error!

Supplies:
I used 2 sheets 12 x 12 Pattern Paper (double sided)
2 sheets 12 x 12 Cardstock
4 yards of Red and White Baker's Twine Online Resource: The Twinery
Sticker Numbers or Die cut numbers with Cricut Machine using glitter paper scraps
Misc Jewels, buttons

I also used:
1 1/2" Circle Punch
2" Circle Punch
2 1/2" Circle Punch
2" Scallop Circle Punch
Cricut Cartridges: Accent Essentials, George, Alphalicious (for the numbers)

Instructions:
Print your photos in wallet size (2x3). A free software program to create wallet sizes is Photo Sheet I used 18 photos-print two of each.
Use 1 1/2 and 2" circle punches to punch out photos.

Cut out shapes from pattern paper and cardstock- you need 2 shapes for each ornament, the twine will be sandwiched between. I used scallop circle, circle and star burst.
Cut out or punch out stars from patterned paper- you need 2 for each ornament. I used a 2" star.
Glue photos onto the fronts of each shape.
Apply wet glue on the backside of the shape, lay the bakers twine down the center and adhere matching shape to the other side. Leave about 2 - 3" between each shape.
Continue alternating shapes, and stars. Leave about 12" of twine at each end.
Embellish star shapes with jewels, buttons, paper punch outs, etc.
If you are hanging your garland on a tree adhere at matching photo onto the back of the ornament- upside down. This is so when it spins around it will be right side up.
Add sticker or die cut numbers for the year. Hang your garland and enjoy!






















No comments:

Post a Comment